Telligen's charitable giving organization, Telligen Community Initiative, awarded $150,000 in grants in 2012 to eight non-profit organizations in Iowa and Illinois for innovative health and wellness-related projects. Over the past seven years, the Telligen Community Initiative has granted over $1,100,000 to non-profit organizations.
The Telligen Community Initiative is a 501(c)(3) charitable giving organization focused on improving the health and wellness of communities in Iowa and Illinois. The Community Initiative program provides support to non-profit organizations to assist communities to establish or expand their health and wellness programs.
In Illinois, the 2012 grants were awarded to the following non-profit organizations:
- PCC Lake Street Family Health Center: Providing health outcomes to the medically underserved
- Civitas Child Law Center: Childhood lead poisoning prevention
- Metro Chicago Breast Cancer Task Force: Community-based, breast cancer awareness and navigation program
- Community Health Center: Access to affordable prescription medications
In Iowa, the 2012 grants were awarded to the following non-profit organizations:
- Des Moines Area Religious Council: Nutrition education outreach program
- Wesley Life Community Services: In-home community based health services
- Iowa Legal Aid: Medical/legal partnership that provides legal aid to needy low-income Iowans
- Chrysalis Foundation: Education-based program for improving health status, lifestyle and disease prevention
Any non-profit 501(c)(3) organzations in Illinois and Iowa interested in applying for future funding are invited to visit www.telligen.org/community to review eligibility requirements and learn more about the grant making process.
Hire Local for FREE!
Sign-up to get the latest news updates for Austin and Garfield Park.
|Photo store||Contact us|
|Submit Letter To The Editor|
|Place a Classified Ad|