So Valentines has passed and you're probably thinking, what's next? How do I continue to express my feelings showing that I'm passionate and loving? Well, one good way is by surprising that special someone with a nice romantic meal. The meal that I'm about to share with you, is EASY TO PRPEARE, VERY TASTY and will INSPIRE you to always recreate moments like this, for that special someone; and lets not forget its COST EFFECTIVE.
So here we go: there are three major ingredient; First you will need Marinated Jerk Salmon; Second, Ravioli stuffed with Butternut Squash, yes if you never had Butternut Squash, this is a perfect way of introducing your taste buds; Third Roasted Vegetables, Catalina Blend or California Blend your Choice. All of these items can be purchased from your local market; Whole Food, Jewel or Dominic.
!. (2) 6 Ounce Marinated Jerk Salmon.... When looking for Salmon, pink is better. The redder the meat appears the fresher it is. I like to purchase my Salmon already marinated. Because Salmon is a thick fish, having it pre-marinated takes away a lot of time and preparation. Place Salmon in lightly sprayed baking pan; use a canola spray, also spray the top of salmon (will keep juicy and moist), put in the oven on 375 for 30 minutes (time depends on oven type, standard or convection).
2. Stuffed Ravioli (Butternut Squash)... You can purchase this either fresh or frozen. Your local market should have one or the other. Boil some water in a medium size pot add in a pinch of sea salt and 2 table spoons of oil; olive oil is best, however you can use vegetable or canola oil. Once the water comes to a rapid boil add your Ravioli; you will know when they are ready, they will start to float to the top of the pot (Ravioli should be prepared a least 5mins before fish is ready to come out of oven). If you're not a fan of Butternut Squash, you can sub for Ravioli stuffed w/cheese; but I recommend that you a least try it BE SPONTANEOUS.
3. Alfredo Sauce.... To save time you can purchase a jar of Alfredo Sauce, I recommend the one w/mushroom the flavor enhances the Ravioli; however, I also prepare mine from scratch; future lessons. Place in sauce pan simmer and allow the sauce to come to a boil. Remove sauce from heat.
4. Roasted Vegetables.... When roasting your vegetables you want to use Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Coat the skillet with oil; not too much, Olive Oil thins out when heated. When the pan is hot, add your vegetables. Sprinkle in a little garlic salt (note garlic salt has a high salt content so add to taste).
5. A bottle of your favorite White Wine... I suggest Pinot Grigio by Kendall Jackson, White Wine goes great with fish and white cream sauce.
6. Dessert... You're on your own....
A meal like this in the restaurant will run you about $20 to $30 a plate, plus tip. You have just created the same meal for under $20 a 50% savings and the best part is you are the tip. Fellows how can you go wrong....
As Always Good Eating....
Share your romantic meal stories, I would love to read them.