The Fathers Who Care Youth Council and the West Garfield Park Community Stakeholders are again on the move to reduce underage drinking, substance abuse and senseless violence on the West Side of Chicago. We believe in the following attributes:
1. Harmony - We have learned to fly the air like birds and swim the sea like fish, but we have not just learned the simple art of living together as brothers and sisters... Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
2. Transformation - We must be the change we want to see in the world and then the world will see the change it wants to see in us... Institute of Awareness
3. Power of Love - Love is the only cement that can hold this broken community together. When I am commanded to love, I am commanded to restore community... Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
4. Peace - If there is to be peace in the world, there must be peace in the nations, if there is to be peace in the nations, there must be peace in the cities, if there is to be peace in the cities, there must be peace between neighborhoods, if there is to be peace between neighborhoods, there must be peace in the home, if there is to be peace in the home, there must be peace in the heart... Institute on Awareness
5. Supremacy of God - Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
6. Strength - Is the ability to withstand. Real strength is not just a condition of one's muscle, but a tenderness in one's spirit... Institute on Awareness
Let's become a part of the solution instead of continuing to become a part of the problem. Each One - Teach One.
We are committed to promoting a safe, healthy and drug free community, via developing and implementing social and environmental changes on the West Side of Chicago. Join the movement and let's collectively save our children and our communities.
For more information about Fathers Who Care and the West Garfield Park Community Stakeholders, please contact Rev. Walter Amir Jones, Jr. at email@example.com or 773-287-5821.
Answer Book 2017
To view the full print edition of the Austin Weekly News 2017 Answer Book, please click here.
Sign-up to get the latest news updates for Austin and Garfield Park.
|Submit Letter To The Editor|
|Place a Classified Ad|