It’s getting HOT, summer is approaching fast and all you can think of is that savory, mouthwatering BBQ meal that’s waiting for you. I going to explain to you how you can prepare a Hawaiian style meal in 30 minutes for under $30.00 from start to finish with the use of your grill.
First we will start off with the preparation of the meal. There is a couple of basic ingredients that are going to need:
4 – 6 ounce Chicken Breast
1 Cup of Par-Boiled Rice (Uncle Ben, long Grain White Rice)
1 Bag of Frozen or fresh Long String Green Beans
1/2 cup Pineapple Juice
1 cup of Teriyaki Sauce
1 Yellow Onion
¼ Olive Oil
1 stick of Butter
¼ cup of Chicken Base
1 garlic clove (crushed)
1 Can of Pineapples or Fresh Cut
1/4 cup of Pickled Jalapeno Peppers (Nacho Peppers) diced (remove seeds)
1 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoon sugar
1 ripped tomato diced
1 red pepper
- *Filet chicken breast, marinate chicken breast in pineapple juice, teriyaki sauce and garlic cover in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Combine diced tomato, sliced pineapple chunks, jalapeno peppers and red peppers in a sauce pan, add sugar and salt simmer on low heat for 5 minutes. Place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- In a casserole pan add your one cup of rice and 2 cups of water; add chicken base and Italian Seasoning. Cover then place in oven on 350 for 25 minutes.
- Use a clean towel to oil down or wipe gate of grill with Olive Oil. Place chicken breast on hot grill, making sure to turn both sides evenly to prevent breast from drying out.
- Place your green beans in a medium size pot of boiling salt water for 1 ½ to 2 minutes.
- In a medium size sauce pan add your olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter, allow contents to melt and simmer, add your diced onions and green beans. Sauté green beans until tender and crisp.
This meal goes great with a sweet white wine; Masco is a good selection or you can tone down the sweetness from the chicken with a glass of Pinot Grigio. Don’t forget to add your pineapple salsa as a garnish.
As always, Good Eating!!!