Apply with the Chicago Police Deartment!
The Chicago Police Department is looking for individuals who are:
- Prepared to launch a new CaPeer’ to Serve and protect;
- Leaders Committed te the safety of the Community at large
- Professionals ready to learn the latest technology and policing strategies
- Motivated, energetic and courageous in the face of adversity
- Devoted tc excellence in performance and the highest ethical standards
The Chicago Police Department is looking for men and Women to be part of the country’s strongest and
most technologically advanced police department. A career with the Chicago Police Department can help
advance your future in various policing areas and expose you to new and exciting opportunities. Become
a Chicago Police Officer and join the diverse workforce of 12,500 sworn men and vvomen who have the privilege to serve and protect Chioego’s people and property working alongside the community to improve
the quality of life in every neighborhood.
A career with the Chicago Police Department offers an attractive compensation package and superior benefits. including:
- Starting salary of $43.1 04, increased to $61,530 after one year and $85,016 after 18 months
- Annual uniform allowance
- Comprehensive medical, dentall vision and prescription plans;
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Eligibility for home purchase assistance
- Pension and deferred Compensation plans
Age– To apply. you must be atleast ‘I B years old by December 31, 2013. You must be atleast 21 years old at the time of hire.
You must be less than 4C) years old at the time of hire.
Driver’s License -You must have a valid Illinois driver’s license at the time of hire.
Education/ Military Service– At the time of hire, you must have:
- 60 semester or 90 quarter hours from an accredited college or university; or
- Served 3 full continuous years on active duty in the Armed Forces of the United States; OP
- 30 semester or 45 quarter hours from en accredited college or university and served ‘i continuous year on active duty in the Armed Forces of the United States.
Residency Requirement – You are not required to be a resident ofthe City of Chicago at the time of appiication; however. you must be an actual resident; of the City of Chicago at the time of hire.
Firearm Owner’s Identification Card [FBIO]-You will need a FUID Card issued by the State of Iliinois at the time of hire.
Hiring Process – You will be required to take an examination administered by the City of Chicago. After the examination, you will be required to undergo a background investigation, medical examination, psychological assessment, drug screens. fitness tests and other pre-employment procedures as determined by the Chicago Police Department before you are eligible for hire.
Applications for the police examination will only be accepted online August 1, 2013 through September 16, 2013.
Applications. all required documents and a $30 application fee must be received by 11:59 pm. Central Standard Time on September 16. 2013.
Interested applicants should visit www.chicagopo|ice.org and Click “Answer’ the Call” to link to the application. lf you have additional questions, please call the customer service line at 3127444975 or 31 ‘1.