Interested in Farmer’s Markets on the West Side? Here are a few.
- Galewood Farmers Market (the location of the video), every Sunday from 10am – 2pm at the Charter One Bank Parking parking lot, 6600 W. North Avenue. Open now through Halloween.
- The La Follette Park Farmers Market, one of five new farmers markets throughout the city, will be held from 1 to 7 p.m. every Wednesday from June 20 through Oct. 24. Vendors will be selling a variety of fresh produce and other farm stand items at 1333 N. Laramie.
- Healing Temple Church market, 4941 W. Chicago Ave., will meet every Sunday from 2 to 6 p.m. starting June 24 and ending Oct. 28. It will offer a wide variety of fresh produce, along with other services to help residents lead a healthier lifestyle.
- The Columbus Park Farmers Market, at Harrison and Central, will be held every Tuesday from 1 to 7 p.m. June 26 through Oct. 30. In addition to vendors offering a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables, free programs to help residents live a healthier lifestyle will take place from 2 to 6 p.m.
- The Austin Town Center Farmers Market, at Lake and Central, will meet every Thursday from 1 to 7 p.m. starting June 28 and ending Oct. 25. Besides vendors offering a variety of fresh fruits, vegetables, plants and baked goods, free programs will take place from 2 – 6 p.m.