COURTESY OF CHICAGO POLICE DEPARTMENT
On Friday Oct. 4, 2013 around 4:50 p.m., near Laramie and Ohio, a 14-year-old male was approached by a black male adult who engaged the teen in conversation by saying he had seen the victim in the area before. The man asked the victim what sports he played and where he practiced. The offender identified himself as a mentor and trainer and offered the victim his services. A short while later, the victim observed the offender watching him while he was at football practice in Levin Park.
About The Offender
• The offender was described as a black male, approx. 39 years of age, 6’0 tall, 155 lbs., medium complexion, bald hair style.
• The offender was wearing a white long sleeve dress shirt, black dress pants and black dress shoes.
• The offender’s vehicle is a newer Silver Jeep Cherokee, license plate unknown
What You Can Do
• Be aware of this situation and alert your neighbors.
• Call 911 to report any suspicious persons, vehicles or activity in your neighborhood.
• Do not let children walk alone. Identify safe havens along your child’s route to school, such as businesses or trusted neighbors.
• Find out how to start a Parent Patrol or Walking School Bus Program at your child’s school. Call the CAPS Implementation Office at 312-747-9987 for more information on this and other safety programs.