About the Crime:
This alert gives notice to residents of the Austin (15th) District of the recent attempted luring of a child. On Tuesday, January 14, 2014 at approximately 3:25 p.m., a 9 year old female child was near her school, on the 700 block of N. Lorel Ave, when a male offender attempted to coax the victim to come to him and threatened to harm her parents if she disobeyed. The child refused, ran away, and notified an adult.
About the Offender:
The offender is described as a male African American between the ages of 30 – 35-years-old approximately Ht. 5’09” – 6’00” and Wt.160 to 180lbs. Subject was last seen wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, black pants, and dress shoes. Subject is light skinned and has a dreadlock hair style.
What You Can Do:
• If possible, do not allow children to travel alone on the public way, stand alone at bus
stops, or other public areas.
• Caution children to be alert for strangers or suspicious vehicles.
• Develop safe houses for children to go to if they feel in trouble or in danger.
• Instruct children to report any suspicious activity to a known adult/parents/teacher at
• Call 911 to report immediate emergencies or suspicious activities
If you have any information Contact the Bureau of Detectives – Area North (312) 744-8261 or tipsoft.com HX-116697