1. Classroom Set-up (12:15-12:30)
- a. Set-up two large tables in 2 classrooms (4 tables in total)
- b. Cover each table with butcher paper, write down the different aspiration on each table, and provide pens
- c. Assign a facilitator for each table
2. Opening Presentation (12:30-12:45)
- a. Who is Austin Coming Together?
ii. Vision, Mission, Values
iii. Member organizations
- b. What are our aspirations?
i. Every child is a proficient reader by 3rd
ii.Every youth graduates from high school
iii. All adults have pathways to living wage jobs
iv. No vacant buildings
- c. What is the purpose of having a neighborhood plan?
i. There is a difference between intentions and strategy
ii. We want to show the world what Austinites want for
- d. What do we want to accomplish today?
i. We want your ideas for how to reach our aspirations
ii. We want to know who wants to get involved and how their neighborhoods
3. Transition to Classrooms (12:45-1:00)
4. Welcome and Introduction (1:00-1:10)
- a. Review Purpose of Charettes
- b. Icebreaker
- c. Groundrules
5. Session 1 (1:00-1:15)
- a. Question: What are the biggest barriers to (name aspiration)?
6. Rotate (1:15-1:20)
7. Session 2 (1:20-1:35)
- a. Question 1: Are there are barriers that are missing?
- b. Question 2: What are your neighborhood assets that can help us overcome this barrier?
8. Rotate (1:35-1:40)
9. Session 3 (1:40-1:55)
- a. Question 1: Are there barriers that are missing?
- b. Question 2: Are there assets that are missing?
- c. Question 3: How would you or others get involved?
10. Re-convene (1:55-2:00)