COURTESY OF WESTSIDE HEALTH AUTHORITY
On Wednesday, April 2, 2014 at 5:30 p.m. Westside Health Authority (WHA) will join with the American Heart Association (AHA) in celebrating National Walking Day.
Governor Quinn is invited to join the two groups for a 5K walk (30 minutes) around scenic Columbus Park.
WHA and AHA will be there rain, sleet or snow! We will be meeting in the parking lot at Central Ave. and Van Buren St. (500 S. Central Ave.)
WHA is asking all of you to come out and join with us on this important National Walking Day and challenge ourselves and our nation to get heart healthy and fit. They will be joining millions of Americans in a pledge to live a healthier lifestyle and get physically active.
Here’s what you can do to join the celebration:
1) Register your group for the 5K as soon as possible:
- Email Mrs. Flowers, firstname.lastname@example.org your name of church or organization, contact person, phone number, number of people you expect.
2) Wear your sneakers all day, to work and to school on April 2nd.
3) Be there at 5:30 p.m. to take the pledge to live a healthier lifestyle as a group. Bring your own bottle of water.
4) Spread the word and forward this email to your friends and family.
5) The first 50 people to arrive will receive a pair of red shoe laces and a fitness guide pamphlet from the American Heart Association.
Don’t forget to leave your business cards in the jar at the registration desk.
Contact Julie Flowers at 773-786-0249