COURTESY OF JACKSON SPALDING FOR CHICK-FIL-A
Wheaton College is hosting free sports camps for kids ages 8-12 from the Austin neighborhood Wednesday, July 30 and Thursday, July 31 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
There 150 campers expected to be involved in the program are children from Boys and Girls Club, Circle Urban Ministries and other organizations.
The camp will include:
- Wheaton cheerleaders and mascot making a welcome tunnel for the kids as they unload off of the buses.
- Wheaton football players greeting the kids.
- Wheaton drummers leading the kids onto the football field.
There are two big goals with the camps:
- Teach the kids about sports and physical activity.
- Expose the kids to a college campus and get them thinking about character development, life skills and college in the future.
The sports camp is free because of involvement from the Fellowship of Christian Athletes and the Chick-fil-A Foundation.