Good Afternoon People of Faith, Substance and Action,
On behalf of the West Garfield Park Community Stakeholders, Garfield Park Youth Council and the Community at Large.
It is again with great gratitude that we send you this email thanking you for your time, compassion and most of all commitment to Empowering Our Community and Saving The Lives of Our Children, via attending and participating in our Community Forum to Reduce Underage Drinking, while Empowering and Enlightening Our Future Leaders.
Your presence on August 11th really set the tone in the minds of our Young People, to Strengthen Our Efforts and Campaign to Reduce Underage Drinking, Substance Abuse and Senseless Violence in our Community.
Per your evaluations and personal comments, it was suggested that we:
1. Talk Less and Work More Together
2. Respect the Comments and/or Opinions of Our Young People.
3. Lead By Example.
4. Commit Ourselves to Team Work
5. Provide additional Mentoring and Social Services to our Young People
6. Unite Our Efforts in Combating the Problems in Our Community
7. Host More Community (Youth and Adult) Empowerment Forums
8. Identify the Problems and Work Together to SOLVE them…
9. Advertise Positive Messages in our Community
10. Outreach to More Young People.
11. Let the Spirit of GOD Lead You.
12. Invite More Community Members to Our Meetings.
13. Contact Elected Officials with Public Policies that are in need of their support.
14. Request from Elected Officials their Voting History on Substance Abuse Prevention and Legalizing Marijuana
It is the desire of the community, specifically our Young People that we HOLD EVERYONE ACCOUNTABLE FOR THEIR ACTIONS…
Our Objectives Remain To:
1. Reduce the Sale of Alcohol and other Substances to our Children
2. Reduce Violence and Senseless Killings in Our Community…
3. Provide our Young People with Training and Employment Opportunities.
4. BUILD AND STRENGTHEN A COMMUNITY SUPPORT SYSTEM THAT WORKS TOGETHER FOR THE BETTERMENT OF ALL SECTOR PARTNERS IN THE COMMUNITY.
1. Commit to Work on a Committee for Social Change.
2. Let Your Voices Be Heard with Powers that BE.
3. Be the LIGHT you want to SEE in our YOUNG PEOPLE.
4. Report Inappropriate Behaviors and Sales from Community Merchants.
5. Commit your Time, Resources and Energies to Empowering Our Community.
6. TEAM WORK – MAKES THE DREAM WORK…
7. Protect Our Village – Our Children and Our Future Leaders.
8. Bring a Friend Who Cares, to our Community Substance Abuse Prevention Forum on October 13, 2014 @ 6:00 pm SHARP.
9. It was voted, by the majority of Community Stakeholders present, that we change our town-hall meeting date from September 29 until October 13, 2014@ 6:00 pm SHARP, in order to facilitate a major event during the month of National Substance Abuse Prevention.
Our Call for Social Change and Community Empowerment is a Mission that we can all Work On Together!
Please email your Concerns, Comments and Community Issues to Rev. Walter Jones at email@example.com, he is anxious to hear WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!