Telligen's charitable giving organization, Telligen Community Initiative, awarded $150,000 in grants in 2012 to eight non-profit organizations in Iowa and Illinois for innovative health and wellness-related projects. Over the past seven years, the Telligen Community Initiative has granted over $1,100,000 to non-profit organizations.
The Telligen Community Initiative is a 501(c)(3) charitable giving organization focused on improving the health and wellness of communities in Iowa and Illinois. The Community Initiative program provides support to non-profit organizations to assist communities to establish or expand their health and wellness programs.
In Illinois, the 2012 grants were awarded to the following non-profit organizations:
- PCC Lake Street Family Health Center: Providing health outcomes to the medically underserved
- Civitas Child Law Center: Childhood lead poisoning prevention
- Metro Chicago Breast Cancer Task Force: Community-based, breast cancer awareness and navigation program
- Community Health Center: Access to affordable prescription medications
In Iowa, the 2012 grants were awarded to the following non-profit organizations:
- Des Moines Area Religious Council: Nutrition education outreach program
- Wesley Life Community Services: In-home community based health services
- Iowa Legal Aid: Medical/legal partnership that provides legal aid to needy low-income Iowans
- Chrysalis Foundation: Education-based program for improving health status, lifestyle and disease prevention
Any non-profit 501(c)(3) organzations in Illinois and Iowa interested in applying for future funding are invited to visit www.telligen.org/community to review eligibility requirements and learn more about the grant making process.
Answer Book 2019
To view the full print edition of the Austin Weekly News 2019 Answer Book, please click here.
Sign-up to get the latest news updates for Austin and Garfield Park.
|Submit Letter To The Editor|
|Place a Classified Ad|