The Single Room Housing Assistance Corporation (SRHAC) “THE PLAZA ARMS” & The Austin Resource Center invite you to attend a COMMUNITY DAY EVENT:
SATURDAY, MAY 16, 2015 from 10am – 2pm at 501 N. Central Ave. in Chicago
- Enjoy Gardening and Painting Opportunities
- Veteran Resources On-Site
- Meet Local Community Organizations
- Activities For the Kids
- Open House for SRO Room Rentals
- Snacks & Music
SRHAC would love to be more Veteran friendly for both low income housing and resources to our Vets. Currently SRHAC wants to reserve 30 rooms of affordable and low income housing to our Veterans in need. As some of you may know, this is home to the Dry Hooch, and I believe there is opportunity to expand on these great resources further. IL State Representative La Shawn K. Ford is scheduled to be in attendance showing support for this event.
The Single Room Housing Assistance Corporation (SRHAC) is dedicated to the prevention of cyclical patterns of homelessness. This Goal is achieved through two means:
- Providing permanent, safe, supportive housing for very low income, disabled and homeless individuals in a stable environment, and
- The preservation of Chicago’s essential Single Room Occupancy (SRO) housing stock.