Lawndale Christian Legal Center is hosting a class that teaches Community based Youth Advocates to effectively understand the six major steps of the juvenile justice process and how to support youth who are in the juvenile justice system.
The class “Legal Tools for Community-Based Youth Advocates” with Lead Attorney Cliff Nellis and EJW Fellow Sarah Staudt will take place Wednesday, July 29, 2015 from 10am-3pm at Austin Coming Together, Goodcity, 5049 W. Harrison St. in Chicago.
- How to speak before judges, write effective letters to the State/Court, and testify at sentencing hearings
- Understand the purpose and goals of the Juvenile Court Act
- Know who is who in the courtroom and their responsibilities
- Identify the six major steps of the juvenile justice process and how to support youth at each step
- Learn and apply the significance of the Juvenile Court Act to the work of the Lawndale Community Restorative Justice Hub
Limited to 20 participants!